Free Tulsa Tax Prep

If you live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and aren’t sure how to file your taxes, you may be eligible for free tax prep. Goodwill VITA is a program that provides free tax assistance to individuals and families in the Tulsa area. All you need is to fill out an intake form. Once you have your forms, you can get help from a volunteer at the tax prep site.

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free basic income tax preparation. These tax preparers are IRS-certified and volunteer their time to assist people in need. They are very patient and provide a free and easy process for filing your taxes. Whether you are English-speaking or Spanish-speaking, they will help you. This Tulsa tax prep program is designed to aid low-income individuals and those with disabilities.

The EITC, or Earned Income Tax Credit, is another great tool that helps working Americans. It was created in 1975 by lawmakers to give people a tax break. It is also one of the largest anti-poverty tools in the United States. To qualify, you must earn less than $58,000 in taxable income.

Using a certified VITA volunteer is the best way to ensure that you file your taxes correctly. A mistake can cost you hundreds of dollars in fees from the IRS. When you file your taxes, you can also qualify for a tax refund and access tax credits that you deserve. You can even get a stimulus check through the VITA sites. Whether you are filing for your first tax return or you have already filed before, it’s never too late to get help from the IRS.

Some tax preparation services offer free services. While most of these are not recommended, they are a great option for people who are low-income and can’t afford the high fees of a professional. Usually, a volunteer will be available to answer your questions and help you file your return.

Online tax prep services are a safe way to do your taxes. You’ll be able to use a tax filing software package, and then be able to file it online. The downside is that you won’t have the same type of support you would if you worked with a tax preparer.